There’s no shortage of content and recommendations for digital Product Managers to gather customer feedback, to get out of the building, to talk to our customers… It seems like there’s a myriad of things that we should be doing. However, there isn’t so much on how to put all these pieces together from a PM’s day-to-day point of view, going over things like…
- how to handle feature requests and unsolicited feedback that’s coming in
- how to make sense (and decisions) out of customer feedback data?
- how to approach organizations that don’t value customer feedback
- how to get access to users when Sales and Account Managers are protective of their relationships with customers and prospects
- how to work with second and third-hand feedback data that comes from other teams
- which collection of best practices are used by successful PMs and which pitfalls we should avoid
- how best to segment our customers and users
- how can we evaluate the success of features we ship
This is what this resource is about – a collection of anecdotes, tips and advice on how to set up (or improve) an effective customer feedback strategy, throughout the product development cycle.
But because Product Management doesn’t look the same everywhere, I reached out to experienced Product Managers working on many kinds of products, including B2B, Enterprise, B2C and even internal ones. So this is what you’ll find here: 13 audio tracks and transcripts of the conversations I had with 14 Product Managers and Leaders, totaling over 10 hours of content.
There are tons of useful and interesting bits of knowledge that you can listen or read at your own pace here on the site, or subscribe using the form below to get a weekly email (for 7 weeks) with 2 selected interviews and highlights delivered straight to your inbox. I hope you enjoy and learn from it as much as I did.
Learn from the incredible people I got to speak with (listed below in alphabetical order):
Ben Newell & Tom Randle
Ben is VP Product and Tom is PM and VP Operations at Geckoboard
Co-Founder and Chief Product Strategist at Bizzabo
Co-Founder and CEO at Receptive
Founder and CEO at productboard
Product Manager at Pinterest
Product Management Coach and Consultant
Co-Founder and Head of Content at Alpha
Strategyn Founder and CEO, Inventor, Author and Innovation Thought Leader